This page offers our customers with information on the various ticket types we provide. We understand that our customers want the most relevant tickets for their journeys, that's why we ensure you that you make right choice when purchasing with First Great Western trains.
Our railcards give you great value for money on your train travel. Available from just £7.50, they’ll save you 1/3 off most standard rail tickets, and are valid for a minimum of 12 months.
Aged 16 - 25 or a full time student, aged 26 or over?
- Fantastic discount at £30 annually or £70 for three years if you buy online.
- Save 1/3 off most Standard Class rail tickets and integrated PlusBus tickets around the UK.
- Visit friends and family, travel to gigs and festivals, shop and explore, all whilst saving money on travel.
In order to be eligible for a 16 - 25 railcard you will need to provide:
- A passport sized photo
- Either a valid passport, or a valid UK driving licence
- For mature students, your 16 - 25 Railcard Application Form needs to be stamped by your University/ College accompanied by your student ID card
Cotswold Line Railcard
- Priced at £7.50, you can save 1/3 off Anytime Day tickets and Off Peak Single and Return tickets on the route between Worcester Foregate Street and Oxford inclusive.
- Available to purchase from railway stations at Worcester Foregate Street, Worcester Shrub Hill, Evesham, Moreton-in-Marsh, Kingham, Charlbury and Oxford.
- Valid on Off Peak services. Towards Oxford on any train departing Worcester Foregate Street at 08:25 or later. Towards Worcester on any train departing Oxford at 08:40 or later.
- Valid any time at weekends and on bank holidays.
Find out more information about this Railcard
Are you 16 or over and a resident within the counties of Devon or Cornwall?
- With an annual cost of £10 customers can save 1/3 off most Standard Class Off Peak and Off Peak Day train tickets across Devon and Cornwall.
- One accompanying adult also receives 1/3 off their ticket and you can take up to 4 accompanying children (aged 5-15) for a flat fare of £1 each (£2 for a Day Ranger).
Documents that are acceptable as proof of residence include:
- Council Tax bill
- Utility bill
- Bank/ Credit Card statementl
- Driving licence
Documents that are accepted as proof of identity include:
- With an annual discount of £20, ticket holders can save 1/3 off Standard Class tickets as a disabled adult or child (see our ‘Rail Travel Made Easy’ leaflet.
- Card holders can also get the same discount for one accompanying adult.
You’ll need to complete the form on the Disabled Persons Railcard website and send it to the following address at:
Rail Travel Made Easy
PO BOX 11631
- With an annual discount price of £30 or £70 for three years if you buy online, these tickets are great to use for travelling around the country
- Save 1/3 off most Standard Class adult tickets and 60% on Standard Class child tickets. Get the discounted price for up to four adults and four children.
- Children must be aged 5 to 15 (under 5s travel free) and at least one named adult and one child must be travelling together for the whole journey.
At an annual cost of £15, card holders will save 1/3 on most rail fares throughout Great Britain
- Valid for individuals who are a member of the Regular Forces or a spouse of a member
- You can use the card anytime you want. Even Bank Holidays. Only restriction is that you travel before 10am Monday to Friday (except during July and August
- Your railcard can only be used for non-duty travel
Visit the HM Railcard website to find out more and view the terms and conditions
Provided for individuals who are claiming Job Seekers Allowance
- Valid for claimants aged 18 - 24 years of age who have been claiming for 3 - 9 months
- Also available for over 25's who have been claiming for 3 - 12 months
- Cardholders receive 50% off selected railway tickets
Find out more information
Do you travel regularly in the South East?
- Save 1/3 off Standard Class adult fares for you and up to three other adults (see the Network Railcard website for more details and restrictions).
- Priced annually at £30
- Save 60% on the child fare for up to four children, aged 5-15 (£1 minimum fare applies).
Issued to individuals that purchase an annual season ticket for London and the South East of England, which offers discounts on particular routes
- Tickets applies to customers over the age of 60
- Great discounts of £30 annually and £70 for three years if tickets are brought online
- Save 1/3 off most Standard Class rail tickets and integrated PlusBus tickets around the UK
You’ll need to provide proof of age (birth certificate, pension book, NHS medical card, passport or driving licence).
Whether as a couple, with your best friend or someone in your family, this ticket will easily save you over £100 a year, plus 1/3 off a number of other tickets
- Valid for two people travelling together
- At a cost of £30 (£15 each), the ticket will have paid for itself after a few trips
- Both individuals will need to be 16 years and over to be able to purchase these tickets
The 1/3 off applies to the majority of adult fairs throughout the UK. The only time it doesn't apply are at morning peak times.
You must always have a valid ticket when travelling on a First Great Western train. Any individual who travels without a ticket or deliberately avoids paying their rail fare, risks prosecution. You cannot purchase your railcard on board, so to reap the rewards make sure you buy your ticket in advance of your journey.
View "Buy Before you Board" Information.