Flooding and storm damage continues to affect services in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall.
- The line between Exeter and Newton Abbot remains closed due to the sea wall collapse at Dawlish.
- The line between Taunton and Bridgwater remains closed due to flooding on the Somerset levels.
- The Looe Valley line remains closed due to flooding.
- The line between Penzance and St Erth remains closed due to storm damage to signals at Penzance station.
- The line between Topsham and Exmouth is closed due to damage to the sea wall.
Please check JourneyCheck for the latest information before you travel.
Services in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall
- An hourly rail service operates between Exeter St Davids and London Paddington. Some of these services may have to travel over a diversionary route, and your journey may take longer than normal.
- Mainline services in Cornwall are operating normally between Plymouth and St Erth, with coaches providing travel between Penzance and St Erth.
- Branch lines in Cornwall are operating normally apart from the Looe Valley line which remains flooded.
- Branch lines in Devon are operating normally apart from the Exmouth branch, where services are suspended between Topsham and Exmouth. Coaches operate between these stations.
- The line between Taunton and Bridgwater remains closed due to flooding on the Somerset levels. Coaches operate between these stations.
- The line between Newton Abbot and Exeter remains closed owing to the collapse of the sea wall at Dawlish. Coaches operate between these stations calling at intermediate stations. Fast, direct coaches also operate from Truro, Bodmin, Plymouth and Exeter to Bristol and Tiverton to connect with trains to and from London.
- Customers travelling from Bristol Temple Meads to Plymouth or Cornwall should take a train to Bristol Parkway and use a direct bus service from there.
- To help customers who postponed journeys last week, ticket restrictions remain lifted until Monday.
- For passengers who delayed their journey because of the flooding ticket restrictions are lifted for the return leg of a journey.
- Passengers can also travel with unused tickets purchased up to and including Monday 17 February. These tickets are valid until Friday 21 February.
- Normal ticket restrictions will apply to tickets purchased for travel from Tuesday 18 February onwards.
- We have announced details of discounted fares for journeys affected by the closure at Dawlish. Find out more here.
- Customers who did not travel due to floods and storms will not be charged a £10 refund administration fee and will be eligible for a full refund on their ticket. Click here to find out how to apply.
Timetables for special bus services from Exeter, Newton Abbot, Plymouth, Bodmin and Truro
Please note coach services from Exeter to Newton Abbot have been enhanced. The new timetable from Monday 17 February has more services and better connections for onward rail services. Some coaches will be leaving earlier than last week. Please check before travelling.
Timetables for special bus services from Exeter
Timetables for special bus services from Newton Abbot
Timetables for special bus services from Plymouth
Timetables for special bus services from Truro and Bodmin
How to apply for a refund:
1. If purchased via First Great Western’s website or via our Mobile App, please apply for a refund via your account for all tickets except Advance tickets.
2. To claim a refund for Advance tickets, please download, complete and then return the application form along with your tickets to:
First Great Western Web Refunds
FREEPOST - RSKT-AHAZ-SLRH
3. If purchased by phone through our Telesales Department, please download, complete and then return the application form along with your tickets to:
First Great Western Aftersales Department
FREEPOST - RSKT-AHAZ-SLRH
Download this refund form if you purchased via our telesales department.
4. If purchased at a station, return them to the station concerned or send the tickets along with a completed refund application form to:
First Great Western Customer Services
Download this refund form if you purchased at a First Great Western station.