Community and sponsorship
At First Great Western, we’re committed to making a difference in the communities in which we operate, by supporting a range of charities and community organisations. We also help charities enhance their fundraising opportunities by donating gifts associated with the company.
Train companies like First Great Western are a vital link for the communities they serve. We support organisations that our employees value and are relevant to our business through sponsorship, provision of tickets and through practical support to employees.
The company has worked hard to broaden its contacts with communities across the whole region. We are grateful to those volunteers who work with us, particularly at our stations across the region.
To find out more information about the FGW Community Involvement and Charities Steering Group, charity collections at stations or to request a donation to help enhance your fundraising opportunities, please contact :
Community and Events Officer
First Great Western
0207 313 1064
Community Investment Exclusion Policy
First Great Western has a Community Investment Exclusion Policy, which identifies types of initiatives and causes that we do not fund. These include:
- Religious beliefs and organisations that support the promotion of religion
- Individuals seeking financial support, for example for a challenge event or marathon
- Salaries of individuals within charitable organisations
- Fundraising contributions for events and challenges
- Sponsorship, advertising and marketing promotions, conferences or events
- Expeditions or overseas travel for individuals or groups
- Scouts, Girl Guides, Cadets or similar organisations
- Companies Limited by Guarantee unless they are a registered charity
- The Arts, sports clubs, and animal welfare