WiFi on First Great Western
First Great Western will be trialling free WiFi on five 180 trains running between London Paddington and the North Cotswolds from the 21 January 2013.
Look out for the "Free WiFi" stickers on these trains along this route.
- make sure WiFi is enabled on your device
- search for network "FGW WiFi" and connect
- open your device's internet browser which will automatically take you to First Great Western's WiFi registration page
- follow the instructions to activate your free WiFi access
- you should now be connected
- sit back, browse, surf and check your emails. Enjoy!
First Great Western's Managing Director Mark Hopwood said:
"The company had been looking for an opportunity to introduce the technology for some time. The refresh of these trains has given us the opportunity to address modern work and entertainment needs. Customers will be able to read their emails, browse the web, or simply catch up with friends while on the move".
WiFi is also available at a number of First Great Western stations through the public provider The Cloud.