This page offers our customers with information on the various ticket types we provide. We understand that our customers want the most relevant tickets for their journeys, that's why we ensure you that you make right choice when purchasing with First Great Western trains.
Our railcards give you great value for money on your train travel. Available from just £7.50, they’ll save you 1/3 off most standard rail tickets, and are valid for a minimum of 12 months.
- 16 - 25 Railcard
- Two Together Railcard
- Disabled Persons Railcard
- Family & Friends Railcard
- Job Centre Plus Railcard
- Network Gold Railcard
- Network Railcard
- HM Force's Railcard
- Senior Railcard
- Regional Railcard
Two Together Railcard
Whether as a couple, with your best friend or someone in your family, this ticket will easily save you over £100 a year, plus 1/3 off a number of other tickets
- Valid for two people travelling together
- At a cost of £30 (£15 each), the ticket will have paid for itself after a few trips
- Both individuals will need to be 16 years and over to be able to purchase these tickets
The 1/3 off applies to the majority of adult fairs throughout the UK. The only time it doesn't apply are at morning peak times.
Discounts on Advance tickets
If you’ve got a 16 - 25 Railcard or a Senior Railcard, you can get a discount on our best value Advance tickets, including in First Class.
You can now buy 16-25 Railcards, Family Friends Railcards and Senior Railcards for three years, saving yourself time, money and hassle
Family & Friends Railcard
- With an annual discount price of £30 or £70 for three years if you buy online, these tickets are great to use for travelling around the country
- Save 1/3 off most Standard Class adult tickets and 60% on Standard Class child tickets. Get the discounted price for up to four adults and four children.
- Children must be aged 5 to 15 (under 5s travel free) and at least one named adult and one child must be travelling together for the whole journey.
16 - 25 Railcard
Aged 16 - 25 or a full time student, aged 26 or over?
- Fantastic discount at £30 annually or £70 for three years if you buy online.
- Save 1/3 off most Standard Class rail tickets and integrated PlusBus tickets around the UK.
- Visit friends and family, travel to gigs and festivals, shop and explore, all whilst saving money on travel.
You’ll need to provide proof of age (birth certificate, driving licence, passport or International Student Identity Card). If you’re over 26 you’ll need your college or university to sign and stamp your form, to verify that you’re a full-time student. A passport size photograph is also required.
Job Centre Plus Discount Card
Provided for individuals who are unemployed and are claiming Job Seekers Allowance
- Valid for claimants aged 18 - 24 years of age who have been claiming for 3 - 9 months
- Also available for over 25's who have been claiming for 3 - 12 months
- Cardholders receive 50% off selected railway tickets
Find out more information
- Tickets applies to customers over the age of 60
- Great discounts of £30 annually and £70 for three years if tickets are brought online
- Save 1/3 off most Standard Class rail tickets and integrated PlusBus tickets around the UK
You’ll need to provide proof of age (birth certificate, pension book, NHS medical card, passport or driving licence).
Do you travel regularly in the South East?
- Save 1/3 off Standard Class adult fares for you and up to three other adults (see the Network Railcard website for more details and restrictions).
- Priced annually at £30
- Save 60% on the child fare for up to four children, aged 5-15 (£1 minimum fare applies).
Cotswold Line Railcard
- Priced at £7.50, you can save 1/3 off Anytime Day tickets and Off Peak Single and Return tickets on the route between Worcester Foregate Street and Oxford inclusive.
- Available to purchase from Worcester Foregate Street, Worcester Shrub Hill, Moreton-in-Marsh, Kingham, Charlbury and Oxford stations.
- Valid on Off Peak services. Towards Oxford on any train departing Worcester Foregate Street at 08:25 or later. Towards Worcester on any train departing Oxford at 08:40 or later.
- Valid any time at weekends and on bank holidays.
Devon and Cornwall Railcard
Are you 16 or over and a resident within the counties of Devon or Cornwall?
- With an annual cost of £10 customers can save 1/3 off most Standard Class Off Peak and Off Peak Day train tickets across Devon and Cornwall.
- One accompanying adult also receives 1/3 off their ticket and you can take up to 4 accompanying children (aged 5-15) for a flat fare of £1 each (£2 for a Day Ranger).
Fill out the application form
Documents of proof
Proof of residency
- council tax bill
- utility bill
- bank/ credit card statement
- driving licence
Proof of identity
- driving licence
- college/ university/ work ID
You must always have a valid ticket when travelling on a First Great Western train. Any individual who travels without a ticket or deliberately avoids paying their rail fare, risks prosecution. You cannot purchase your railcard on board, so to reap the rewards make sure you buy your ticket in advance of your journey.
View "Buy Before you Board" Information.